Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas (past) and Happy New Year (future) 2009

Yes, I can definitely tell that Christmas is over. As Maestro and I walk through our community, there are very few Christmas lights left up on the houses. The weather today hit just about 60 degrees, so we could see more families removing Christmas lights....even my friend, Mary, started taking her decorations down today. Christmas is definitely over!! It was fun driving through not only our community, but nearby ones, to see the beautiful display of lights! Very festive...and I even got into the spirit of Christmas by putting my little country tree in the front with white lights on it! I trust everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wish for all a blessed, healthy, prosperous, loved New Year to you all (y'all).

I purchased a metal wire "all occasion" tree when I went to Blowing Rock a couple months ago. It's a great tree that stands approximately 36 inches tall. (I'd show you a picture of it, but for some reason, my computer does not want to read my Kodak card...bummer!) Not your typical Christmas tree, but I love it!! On each holiday, it will be adorned with proper attire. I am presently on a search for Valentine decorations for it.

Now that January is here, it seems that already the days are much longer and I can just tell that Spring is just around the corner. Why, even the forsythia bushes have started to bloom! Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple