Saturday, December 20, 2008

Surprise! Surprise!


Babygirl has pretty much resigned herself to living upstairs; Maestro lives downstairs. Once in a while Maestro will venture upstairs to check out things. Once in a while Babygirl will venture half way down the stairs to see if the "black beast" is still hanging around! I think Maestro thinks Babygirl is a big, fluffy squirrel!! When Maestro and I take walks and he happens to see a squirrel, he just about dislocates my shoulder as he makes a bee-line for it. Well, the same thing happens if he sees Babygirl peeking down the stairs. I'm not sure just how to convince him that she is not a squirrel. If I am upstairs and Maestro follows me up, Babygirl dashes under my bed and hisses at him. He is very curious about her and sticks his nose under the bedskirt to get a better look. When I go upstairs each night to go to bed, I tell Maestro, "Go to bed" and he pretty much understands and finds his spot in the kitchen or livingroom to curl up in and that is the end of it until I come down the next morning. He really is a good dog--even if he and Babygirl don't get along....yet! Babygirl, on the other hand, sleeps on my bed, starting out on my chest, and then curls up next to me. The other night, I was awoken by loud barking and chasing! It seems that Babygirl decided to get off the bed and, lo and behold, Maestro had decided that he was going to come upstairs and sleep on the floor next to my bed!! When she jumped off the bed, she landed on Maestro; Maestro began the chase! Babygirl didn't know in which direction to run--first down the hall, with Maestro in pursuit, and then back into the bedroom!! After much barking and hissing, I managed to convince Maestro that his rightful place to sleep was downstairs!! Now I better understand the term -- Scaredy Cat!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my.... i hope that the two will come to an understanding soon! for your sake... and baby girls!

    ReplyDelete

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple