Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Leaves...and Leaves Fall

I LOVE TREES!!!

I think I have always had an eye for trees. They have so much character! This one especially caught my eye this past weekend. My friend, Mary, and I took a day trip to Blowing Rock, NC, which is about 2 hours from where we live. Blowing Rock is a quaint town northwest of Charlotte, up in the mountains. There are many small shops to browse through, and this happened to be "Art in the Park" weekend with many artisans selling their craft. As we walked to where the artisans were, this tree caught my eye. As I stood and looked up at it, I marveled at how one side of the tree had just about lost all its leaves, while the other side had color spectacular! (This picture doesn't do the color justice.) It's almost as if this tree isn't quite ready to give in to old man winter!!


It just goes to show that God's beauty is everywhere....even in a tree!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple