Thursday, October 23, 2008

Voila! Laundry Hutch....


Voila...the laundry closet turned hutch is 99% done. I know, you probably are looking at the pictures and thinking "it looks done to me!" Well, there is a story behind it that didn't end well, and the result is that there are some minor fixes that will need to be done...but either by myself or someone else. It's nothing I can't live with right now, but the carpenter that I hired turned out to be a slackard...(is that a word, and is it spelled correctly??) He dragged the project out and was not the craftsman he claimed to be. But, all in all, I am pretty satisfied with the end result. It is far better than the bi-fold doors that were there before! It adds to the kitchen instead of distracts from it as the "closet" did. If you know anyone who has a laundry closet right in their kitchen, I would be glad to share with them the picture and article I found in the Southern Living magazine that described this project. Sorry, no plans came with the article, but a carpenter would be able to look at look at it and figure it out. Now if I could only get the kitchen cleaned of all the sheetrock/construction mess, then I could actually throw in a load of wash and sit back and enjoy!!




1 comment:

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple