Sunday, September 21, 2008

Does Size Really Matter?

Well, it was a day for sorting through the summer clothes to put away and checking to see what fall and winter clothes still fit!! After trying on numerous slacks, blue jeans, and capris, I've decided that I am between a size 8 and 16! Go figure...and speaking about figures, why is it that a 14 will fit over your butt, but won't zip up the front any longer? I KNOW that I am NOT pregnant!!

I made a trip to Kohl's to purchase some work slacks and decided that someone should start a petition to all the fashion designers of the world to standardize women's sizes. Why would I fit into a 12 Sag Harbor (why sag???) and a 16 Vera Wang??? But the strange thing is that my body did not change from the time I tried on the size 12 to when I tried on the size 16! I'd much rather discuss with my friends that I am a size 12 instead of a size 16.

So, I've decided that as long as I find a style that I like and that fits me, SIZE DOES NOT REALLY MATTER!!

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah sister! Congrats on the blog... I will enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Trish....this is great!! What a hoot. Loved this post. How well I know what you are talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! I hope you keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! glad you are blogging! it is fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple