Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is in the Air in NC


So, every morning (well, Monday through Friday, anyway...I actually sleep in a little on the weekends) around 6:15 a.m. I take Maestro out for his walk. Maestro is my newly adopted Shar-Pei/Welch Corgi mix 4-year old. As I headed out the door this morning, I immediately turned around, went back in the house, and grabbed a sweater! It has been SO long since I've had to put a sweater on...at least not since May!!

The coolness felt so good in one regard, but my body certainly was NOT prepared for it...and, I must admit, neither was my mind!! The leaves on the trees have lost their shiny luster. In it's place is the dull, almost lifeless leaf, grasping for the last of the chlorophyll before they succumb to the death that lies ahead. Okay...enough of this gloomy talk!!!! Actually, I love the beautiful colors of Fall...the vibrant yellows, reds and oranges! But I must admit, I do not look forward to the Winter that comes after Fall.

Get out, take a walk and enjoy the beauty of God's handiwork on the trees this Fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple