Monday, September 29, 2008

Laundry Closet Make-Over



Since I have not been able to sell my townhouse, I have decided that I will have my laundry closet re-modeled.

I really think that there ought to be more women in the home construction business! Maybe there are...but it appears that their opinions are not sought more! Tell me why, in a 1540 square foot townhome, you would put the laundry closet in the dining area of the kitchen??? Right there, in the only place you could possibly put your dinette table, are the bi-fold doors to the closet that houses your washer and dryer. And did they design the doors or space to be pleasing to look at? NO!!!!! I am sure that this is a design most women would not approve of!!!

So, three years ago, shortly after I moved into my townhouse, I was perusing the latest Southern Home magazine and came across this one page article on how someone hired a builder to re-design their laundry closet WHICH WAS ALSO IN THEIR DINING AREA!!! What an ingenius idea! You would never know that a washer and dryer were in it!!!


So, toward the end of this week, my kitchen will be torn apart and re-construction will commence. Stay tuned for the "After" picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RedHatLady

RedHatLady
Proudly Wearing the Red & Purple